Classy Alternatives To Granite

Granite benchtops are without a doubt an opulent and classy addition to any kitchen. Although it’s not always an option, especially for those who are on a stricter budget. There are also some homeowners who are executing kitchen renovations who just don’t wish to have a granite benchtop in their home yet still want something that looks fantastic.

The good news is there are quite a few alternatives to granite benchtops and all look amazing in the right style of kitchen. Choosing the style of kitchen that will work well with your chosen benchtop and add some wow factor to your home is easy with a professional designer and a team of kitchen specialists who knows their stuff.

Wood

Wooden benches have been around for many years and this material is currently a front-runner in choices for today’s kitchens. Wooden benches add great amounts of warmth to your kitchen and home and are not only for the traditional style kitchens. They are easy to maintain and never go out of style. For a more natural look, it is hard to overlook timber. Hardwood is more resilient than a soft timber and can be coated to resist moisture.

Wooden Benchtop Countertop

Stainless Steel

Originally only found in commercial kitchens, stainless steel is now very easily found in modern homes and for good reason. They are incredibly stylish, look fantastic and are hardwearing. Stainless steel is popular where the sought-after look is ultra-modern industrial. It is hygienic, easy to clean, durable and stain proof but shows streaks and finger marks easily. Another bonus of stainless steel benchtops is they are extremely hygienic, hence why they began in commercial kitchens.

Laminate

No longer a rejected throw back from the 1970s, laminate benchtops has proven its worth in more ways than one. One of the cheaper options, laminate comes in a great range of textures and colours, not just the bawdy bold oranges and greens from your grandparents’ kitchens. Laminates have stood the test of time and those manufactured today are much improved on the originals. Available in an amazing range of colours and designs, laminates are inexpensive when compared with other surfaces, are durable, resist stains and scratching and are a breeze to clean and maintain.

Plus, laminate is cost effective. It won’t burn through your budget unlike granite and other stone materials can. If you’re looking to install a benchtop in your kitchen that is affordable, then laminate is just the thing for you. Plus, it’s easy to install because it weighs considerably less compared to other materials used for kitchen benchtops.

Laminate Counter Bench Top

Caesarstone

Caesarstone is manmade and consists of approximately 95% quartz. The remaining 5% is colouring and polymer resins. Extremely durable, particularly against the kinds of liquids that other benchtops may falter under such as deep coloured spices and lemon juice, Caesarstone is a great choice.

When you visit the Craftbuilt Kitchens showroom, you can easily find out about more options not mentioned here or more information on the availability of those discussed. Visit our showroom today at 2958 Logan Road, Underwood QLD 4119 for more alternatives to your kitchen renovation planning.

Please follow and like us: