TAILORED ARTWORKS REAL ART KITCHEN SPLASHBACKS
A new collaboration between Craftbuilt Kitchens and Tailored Artworks
Planning your new kitchen and want something different? Tailored Artworks ‘Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks’ are custom designed with you to create a unique and relevant conversation piece. It’s art inspired by you and your kitchen!
Whether a new build or renovation, Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks are custom designed with you to create a unique and relevant conversation piece. Imagine art combining real metallic textures and shine: iron and rust, bronze and verdigris, copper and patina, gold and silver effect paints, glimmering 18-23 carat leaf or glamourous iridescent light effects for your kitchen’s defining statement. You can have dramatic art in charcoals’ neutral tones and textures easily refreshed with new accessories!
Lightfast, heat, water, mould, mildew, dust and pest resistant, your handpainted Real Art Kitchen Splashback by Sharron Tancred will unite your kitchen finishes, add value to your home and create your ultimate style statement!
Splashbacks under 200mm from the closest gas burner require 5mm toughened lo-iron Glass. Our recommended installer can help you or we supply HIA | QBCC Standards checked instructions for your installer of choice! For Electric Hotplates less than 200mm away, please refer to the manufacturer’s installation specifications. Splashback artworks are accurately quoted on thumbnail design long distance or at Planning Session.
Call us for artwork, glass and installation estimates.
Enquire on 07 3491 6400 | 0419 428 628
Here’s the Real Art Kitchen Splashback Creative Process:
1. Design- make it relevant to you!
- We design according to your taste and the rules of interior design and quote your artwork and any glass estimates.
- If you are happy, pay 50% deposit and book our recommended / your installer.
- You may plan your splashback installation before cabinetry for a seamless option, or after
Special effects available:
- Iridescent pearl | coloured pigments | charcoal textures and metallic effects to unite your kitchen finishes like:
- Black/White Iron and Rust effects
- Copper and patina effects
- Bronze and Verdigris effects
- 18-24 carat gold and silver leaf
2. Splashback specifications for designing your kitchen: Maximum size of artwork in one piece is 3M x 1.2M of BCG Durasheet or HardieFlex Fibre Cement Board available from Bunnings to be cut by your preferred installer/contractor to fit your cabin
- Smaller board sizes are available (see above links)
- 3-6M splashbacks use 2 boards | 6-9M use 3 boards | 9-12M use 4 boards.
- Use the crisp factory cut edges to join seams and position them to line up with your cabinetry or at 1/3rd intervals; match any glass to seams
- Plan exact power point location to sit above any glass
3. Choosing board thickness and safety requirements: If combustible wall and nearest gas burner perimeter.
- Exceeds 200mm, no glass is required. Plan for 6.5mm total thickness: 2mm tape + purchase 4.5mm thick board
- Is under 200ml, glass is required. Plan for 14.5mm total thickness: tape and purchase 6mm thick board x min 150mm high, silicon, use 5-6mm thick glass Read More.
- For Electric Hotplates less than 200mm away, please refer to the manufacturer’s installation specifications to see if glass is required
- If glass is required, trim board to 5mm less than the glass perimeter to hide boards’ edges
4. Artwork Process:
- After building the contractor brings board to check measure, trim it to fit and confirm his quote
- He delivers the board/s to us, marked with instructions and we advise timeframe
- The artwork proceeds through 5 approvals to final payment and is delivered to your contractor. Note: Long distance jobs finished artwork can be shipped to you for trimming to fit
5. Installation Instructions with Glass:
- Contractor applies a 10-15mm painted border to conceal artwork edges and add a matching finish
Note: Paint pull downs available, and the plain or metallic colour is selected at Planning Session
- Art is installed with double-sided tape
- Art and glass are suspended on blocks and fully siliconed for resistance
- Installer leaves to set and may later return to finalise the job
TAILORED ARTWORKS GUARANTEE FOR SPLASHBACKS
Up until installation, your Real Art Kitchen Splashback is guaranteed to match your décor and be loved, or we will amend it at no extra charge to you. According to the Housing Industry Association (HIA), this far exceeds what is legally required.
Tailored Artworks Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks are HIA and QBCC (Queensland, Australia) Legislative Compliance Approved. Our instructions are a guide only with final details to be determined by your contractor or our preferred installer according to your kitchen’s structure. Jobs exceeding $3300 (including art) require your installer to purchase Warranty Insurance with QBCC which covers anything untoward. All Tailored Artworks paints and special effects are heat resistant up to 80 Degrees Celsius and are UV lightfast.
Tailored Artworks Real Art Kitchen Splashbacks have taken months of research, technical checking and planning. Not all processes are outlined here to protect our intellectual property. All copyrights reserved (C) 2017.
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD WITH MOSAIC!
Add an incredible feature to your:
Bathroom | Bar | Outdoor kitchen | Kitchen or Laundry Splashback | Entry floor motif
Feature wall | Tabletop | Pool | Water fountain | Countertop
Tailored Artworks’ new Art Into Mosaic product creates a stunning all-weather feature for your home or corporate space. Brilliantly coloured, high-gloss mosaic tiles add texture and spark to your indoor or outdoor space—never fading, cracking or wearing. This is real mosaic, not printed! Every mosaic is uniquely tailored to your taste and space. Just show us your project, and we will send you our artwork suggestions based on our existing library. The artwork is later digitised as perfect rows of gorgeous mosaic tiles, delivered boxed and numbered, ready for easy DIY or professional installation by your preferred tiler. Art into Mosaic creates a stunning, but practical and easy to maintain conversation piece that everyone will envy!
With a huge range of 58 plain and numerous metallic colours, mosaics are ideal for bars, feature walls, letter boxes, tabletops, fountains, around retaining walls, and kitchen and laundry splashbacks. Mosaic is also suitable for pools, as the mosaic tiles can sustain chemical cleaning and scrubbing. Simply apply an anti-slip treatment for wet areas!
Book your 2 hr Art and Decor Planning Session with Sharron Tancred or call to enquire on 07 3491 6400 | 0419 428 628
DOWNLOAD THE ART INTO MOSAIC Brochure here