This top kitchen trend has always been an elegant and modern choice. Now, it’s making a come back – black is definitely back!
White kitchens have been popular for a while. According to Houzz, black is returning and it is slowly creeping into homeowners’ kitchen cabinets, range hoods and island accents.
White kitchen owners have also fancied black benchtops and kitchen appliances. Some may choose to go modern and bold this year by renovating their entire kitchen. Get that timeless look with black textures, black fixtures and more.
If you want to go neutral, black and white is a classic. Tuxedo kitchens that contrast black with white walls, backsplashes and countertops look especially dynamic and sophisticated.
Here’s a great sample of a sleek and modern kitchen design using white and black colours. With modern, clean lines imperative, the handle-less finish allowed us to disguise an integrated fridge, a tandem “touch-to-open” pantry and a tower to hide the microwave, coffee machine and huge double bin set up.
When it came to storage, layered overhead cabinets not only created an immense amount of storage. The choice in finish for the doors of these units, by using one of the stunning Laminex Innovations products, helped move away from that “standard” kitchen look. The design and construction of a perfectly finished boxed two-pack display cabinet also utilising the Laminex innovation feature as a backing, ties the areas completely together.
The essential large cooking appliances were fitted discreetly but comfortably into the corner, which allowed the adjacent bench to be free-flowing. Added to the design, white mother of pearl slumped glass splash backs behind the cooking area for pure subtlety, together with highly reflective mirror glass splashbacks along the adjacent wall.
Finish it all off with high gloss black quartz benchtops, with a matching black sink & tap.
Looking for a similar modern kitchen design plan? Craftbuilt Kitchens has fully qualified and experienced designers who will tailor the design to your specific needs and wants. Call us at (07) 3847 4962 and ask our consultant to book you a design appointment.
Other trends to watch out for, according to Houzz:
- Tile Backsplash Feature Walls – Well-designed kitchens typically have backsplash tiles.
- Glass and Steel Room Dividers
- Dark and Moody Colors – Deeper, moodier colours like navy, black and forest green are expected to be more favourable for the year.
- Benches in the Dining Area – A chic way to upgrade the dining is to trade typical chairs for bench furniture, giving it a comfortable, lounge-like feel.
- Board and Batten Exterior
- Kitchens That Open to the Outdoors – This helps to expand the living space and blur the line between inside and out.
- Wood Vanities – An emphasis on reclaimed and light wood that celebrate the natural grain pattern and knots.
- Four Wall Accent Color
We have more suggestings coming from our kitchen designers. Do you wish to have a modern, functional and trendy kitchen? Consult with our Craftbuilt specialists today. Visit our New Modern Kitchen Showroom at Stones Corner today and avail of amazing kitchen appliance discounts!