Formal dinners are social events that require guests to dress up and follow polite etiquette. Some examples are social gatherings at a hotel, formal wedding or a private function.
While dining at a nice restaurant can be expensive, you can still enjoy a special formal night “out” by recreating the same experience in your own home.
How To Have A Formal Dinner At Home:
- Set the dining table with a clean white cloth.
- Pick out nice dishes and utensils.
- Prepare a centrepiece. Making one is simple. Pick out a clear bowl or glass container, and pop in fresh flowers from the garden or sweet chocolate treats wrapped in foil as a display. Even your wine can be a centrepiece.
- If you want to go a little extra, request your guests to join your formal night with an invitation and ask them to dress up nicely!
Formal dinner nights are fun and it’s a great way to practice good manners and social etiquette. And at the end of the night, you get to toast to everyone’s successes and good health!
If you’re planning a dinner for two or a small party, you can never go wrong with good ol’ fashion steak. Here’s a recipe from Marco Pierre White shared during an episode of MasterChef.
Marco Pierre White’s Perfect Steak Recipe (Serves: 4)
4 Sirloin steak
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt, to taste
- Drizzle olive oil onto a grill pan and set over high heat.
- Drizzle oil on steaks and rub all over. Season steaks with salt.
- Place steaks on grill pan , turning to make cross hatch marks.
- Turn steaks, sprinkle with picked rosemary and salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Turn off heat and allow to finish cooking and rest.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
Cook the perfect steak on top of a perfect, modern and functional stove top. Upgrade your stovetop or kitchen when you visit our Updated Modern Kitchen Showroom at Stones Corner today and avail of amazing kitchen appliance discounts!