If you’re planning a bathroom or kitchen renovation in Brisbane, then it’s natural to feel a little overwhelmed at first. These are major zones within any home, and a well-planned renovation could mean the difference between a triumph and a disaster. There’s also a lot that goes into planning a renovation – from managing your budget to choosing your builder and finalising your choice of materials.
Fortunately, when it comes to bathroom and kitchen renovations in Brisbane, you don’t have to do everything alone. To help you get started, the team at Craftbuilt Kitchens have put together a step-by-step guide to planning a renovation. This guide will help you remain organised, stay on budget and achieve your ideal renovation project.
Guide to Planning a Kitchen or Bathroom Renovation
- Clearly Define Your Goals: It’s easy to say you want to renovate your kitchen because the existing one is old or ugly. But clearly defining your goals from the very beginning will help you make wise decisions throughout the renovation project. For example, is your aim to increase the property value for resale? Or do you want to make the kitchen more user-friendly by increasing the bench space? Do you need more storage? Are you happy with the existing layout, but you hate the colours? Do you want to match the existing style of your home, or are you looking for a complete overhaul? Answering these questions should give you a clear indication of what your renovation will need to entail.
- Establish a Realistic Budget: A realistic budget should always form the backbone of your kitchen or bathroom designer Greenslopes, but this becomes even more important when you’re hoping to increase re-sale profit. Many housing experts recommend spending no more than 10% of your home’s value on a renovation. However, if you’re trying to create a dream home for your family, then it may be worth investing more. To ensure your budget is realistic, talk to experienced kitchen designers in Brisbane and obtain written itemised quotes. Once you have a good idea of how much the project will cost, add a buffer of at least 10% to allow for any unexpected costs (such as discovering water damage or asbestos once demolition begins).
- Choose a Style for Your Renovation: It may not seem that important initially but choosing a style will make it easier for you to narrow down your choice of finishes and achieve a cohesive overall design. Start by doing a little research into the classic design styles you might see included in the latest kitchen renovations in Brisbane. For example, Hamptons, Modern, Colonial, Industrial and French Provincial are all popular kitchen styles in 2021. Once you know what design style you want to emulate, you can start selecting colour choices, cabinetry hardware and finishes.
- Get Help from Experts: If you have minimal experience in designing and project managing a renovation (or if you’re short on free time!), then it’s well worth enlisting the help of experienced professionals. At Craftbuilt Kitchens, our team of kitchen designers in Brisbane can help to formalise your ideas into a completed 3D drawing, allowing you to get a complete picture of how your renovation will look once completed. We can also project manage the entire renovation for you, ensuring your project stays on time and budget.
- Choose High-Quality Materials: For a kitchen renovation in Brisbane that will look fantastic for many years to come, it’s important to choose high-quality materials. Custom cabinetry can help you to get the most out of your newly renovated kitchen, so talk to the Craftbuilt cabinet makers in Brisbane about which materials would suit your style and budget. When it comes to choosing splashbacks, appliances and tiles, don’t just look at how well they will match your chosen style. Think about the long term durability of each product and whether they will require any time-consuming or costly maintenance to keep them in optimal condition.
Renovating Kitchens in Brisbane for Over 45 Years
Craftbuilt Kitchens have been helping Brisbane homeowners with their kitchen renovation needs for over 45 years. At Craftbuilt, we can help you successfully navigate every stage of your renovation journey. So, if you want help to create a brand new kitchen or bathroom that looks fantastic and achieves your goals, contact the team at Craftbuilt Kitchens.