Are you having a cocktail party this weekend? Cocktail parties are an exciting time and a great way to gather old and new friends over drinks. You can opt to have a sit-down meal or host a get-together and feature filling canapés.
It’s going to be a great party for sure!
Be prepared, one cannot avoid spills and stains when having a ton of guests over. It’s inevitable! You can’t always pay attention to spills and wipe them up immediately even if you wanted to.
So here are a few cocktail tips to remember when caring for your stone benchtops and countertops.
- Think about where you want to position your hors d’oeuvres or aperitifs. Stone is sensitive to acidic foods like wine, citrus juices, salad dressings and vinegar. While some stone benchtops are sealed, they can be corroded by strong acids.
- Putting table cloth or trays for drinks and food can help lessen contact, scratches and stains.
- Avoid using strong acids or harsh chemicals like bleach, chlorine, ammonia or any household cleaners.
- You may want to avoid contact with granite when having red wine or beet juice. It stains easily.
- If you have a limestone bench, remember that it is more porous than other stones. Limestone is more susceptible to stains like red wine, coffee and tea. Plus, heat can burn or scorch the stone.
- When cleaning stains off of marble and Caesarstone, it’s best to clean the surface regularly as stains can also create dull spots.
- Use a non-abrasive microfiber cloth and warm soapy water for cleaning bench surfaces.
- Have a sponge or cloth ready and near the benches to wipe spills right away!
Click here for more cleaning tips or visit our design center at Unit 15, 76 Old Cleveland Road, Stones Corner for your kitchen needs.